Life Safety and Fire Protection Design Solutions
Protection of occupants is achieved by the combination of prevention, protection and egress, as well as, other features with due regard to the capabilities and reliability of the features involved.
Therefore, the purpose of our services is to prescribe minimum codes requirements necessary in buildings. In order to, establish a reasonable level of fire safety and property protection from the hazards created by fire.
Moreover, Swetec® services are performed by professionals, in accordance with the applicable codes and standards and includes:
- Fire safety Plans examination.
- Fire strategy and fire safety analysis.
- Emergency Evacuation plans.
- Technical assistance.
- Fire Protection Design.
- Design review.
- Codes and Standards Verification.
Industry Focused Services!
Fire Safety Analysis
Furthermore, we perform fire and Life safety analysis. Firstly, by verifying the minimum codes requirements. Secondly, by applying the provisions of fire safety issues, and includes:
- Occupancy classification (business, residential, and factories or storage, as well as, institution, school, etc…).
- Classification of Hazard of contents (high hazard, moderate hazard and light hazard).
- Commodities classification in storage warehouses including storage type and storage height, etc…
- Construction classification as per the installed construction materials.
- Requirements of Means of Egress (Exit Access, Exit and Exit Discharge), arrangement and capacity of means of egress, as well as directional signs and egress illumination, etc…
- Fire Protection Requirements (automatic sprinklers systems, stand pipes, fire hydrants, fire alarm and notification system, protection of vertical and horizontal openings, stairs and shafts enclosures, etc…).
- Smoke Management Requirements (pressurization of staircase, heat vents and ventilation system, etc…).
Reference Codes and Standards
The following codes and standards are the references of our fire safety design and analysis:
- NFPA – National Fire protection Association (NFPA 101, 13, 13D, 13R, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 25, 30, 54, 58, 70, 72, 1142, and others).
- ICC – International Code Council (IBC, IFC, IFGC).
- SBC – Saudi Building Code 201 and 801.
Fire Protection Design
So, Our design service includes:
- Fire fighting systems and includes (automatic sprinklers system, water spray system, different type of clean agent and other automatic fire suppression systems, stand pipe systems, and fire hydrants system).
- Fire alarm and notification systems.
- Smoke management system (pressurization of staircase, mechanical smoke exhaust, heat vents and ventilation system).
Also, our design services are based on specific design criteria of each system, and according to the classifications and fire safety analysis related to each occupancy, in accordance with the applicable codes and standards in each country.
In addition, the design of fire fighting and related hydraulic calculations are based on standards criteria and code requirements. Especially, what concerns (sprinkler or nozzle type, sprinkler covering area, orientation and location, density area, fire pumps type and capacity, required water flow, required residual and static pressure, water flow duration, fire water tank type and capacity, etc… ).
Furthermore, Swetec® through their qualified and experienced team, can do the electrical design and calculations, or design review services for any size or type of projects, as follow:
- Commercial Projects (Offices Buildings, Hospitals, Schools, Restaurants, Commercial kitchens, etc…)
- Residential Projects (Palaces, Villas, Apartments, Hotels, Village and Compound, etc…)
- Industrial Projects (Storage, Warehouses, Factories, etc…)
- High-rise Buildings.
To get a proposal for complete Fire Safety Analysis, Plans Examination, Codes and Standards Verification, Design of Evacuation Plans and Fire apparatus access road, and Design of Fire Protection Systems, please send us the building layout plans to the following email: [email protected]
Or Upload Your Files. Our proposal will be submitted during 2 working days.